WDP is delighted to have been named "One to Watch" in the Sunday Times' Top 100 Places to Work in the Not-for-Profit Sector in 2017.
The Sunday Times Best Companies survey, the largest workplace engagement survey in the UK, found 86% WDP employees agreed their job was good for their own personal growth. 82% employees also said their work at WDP was an important part of their lives.
80% WDP employees believed their manager spoke openly and honestly with them. Managers at WDP meet regularly with their team members in supervision review settings, enabling them to get to know them as individuals. Their managers give team members time to reflect on their performance and continuing professional development.
Work with us
WDP is committed to learning and development:
Whatever your role, you will be involved in a wide range of learning opportunities. These will enhance your skills and in turn improve the performance of our organisation.
For example, you will:
- Have regular supervision with your line manager - a key part of this will be identifying and planning ways to meet your ongoing learning needs.
- Attend a comprehensive range of in-house training courses as part of your ongoing continuing professional development.
- Attend a number of mandatory training sessions aimed at ensuring we all possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes critical to our success.
- Participate in on-the-job training, observation and assistance from more experienced colleagues
- Complete a fully funded qualification relevant to your role (such as but not restricted to an NVQ/QCF)
- Apply to receive financial support to undertake more intensive study in areas related to your work (once core competency has been demonstrated).
Commitment to work life balance
Our commitment to work life balance includes our combination of annual leave and paid emergency leave, in addition to unpaid leave (or where relevant TOIL), each of which is intended to enable people to make good and appropriate personal arrangements.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus Bank Holidays and increasing to 33 days
Emergency leave and sick pay
- WDP offers up to 1 day of paid emergency leave per year
- WDP offers occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Childcare voucher programme
Employee Assistance Programme
- WDP provides a external counselling service that will allow staff to receive advice on a variety of issues.
- WDP has a contributory pension scheme with an employer contribution of 2% (contributions are reviewed annually). Contributions are based on gross salary. WDP’s pension scheme is operated by The People’s Pension.
Death in Service
- A tax free cash benefit of an employee’s basic annual salary is payable on an employee’s death.
Refer a friend
- Refer a friend to work at WDP & earn £500
Christmas Savings Club
- A scheme that allows employees to save for Christmas