Our commitment to attracting high quality people with diverse backgrounds means that we take a responsible and effective approach to measuring and managing your career development. Whatever your role at WDP, you will be involved in a wide range of learning opportunities which will enhance your own practice, improve the performance of our organisation, and ultimately help us to remain engaged with those that we work with.
We have established and enhanced our development frameworks for our people, so that we can provide a clear framework to help them develop and progress.
We are committed to being consciously involved in our own learning, in support of our ambition to ensure that our dedicated Learning & Development team continue to provide robust and innovative learning programmes and opportunities.
“I think that anyone seriously interested in developing their skills, knowledge and experience within the drugs field has everything they need in WDP to do so. The quality of the training, the commitment to NVQs/QCFs, the value placed on supervision, appraisal and reflective practice all create an environment within which people can become the best at what they do. I’ve been able to develop an idea of what I want to do career-wise. I wasn’t really sure before I joined WDP” - Service Manager, NWDAS
For example you will:
- Have regular supervision from your line manager – a key part of this will be identifying and planning ways to meet your ongoing learning needs
- Attend a comprehensive range of in-house training courses as part of your ongoing continuing professional development.
- Attend a number of mandatory training sessions designed to ensure that we all possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes critical to our success
- Participate in on-the-job training, observation and assistance from more experienced colleagues
- Complete a fully funded qualification relevant to your role (such as but not restricted to an NVQ/QCF)
- Apply to receive financial support to undertake more intensive study in areas related to your work (once core competency has been demonstrated)