Due to the coronavirus outbreak and the ‘social distancing’ guidance issued by the government, we have needed to reduce and adapt the usual face-to-face support that we provide so we can keep our service users and staff safe.
We will continue to talk with you and help you even if coming into our service isn’t possible.
To check what support is currently available and if there are any changes to our opening times, please contact us on the details below and we’ll do our best to make sure you still get the help you need.
New Beginnings is a fully integrated recovery service delivered by WDP.
We offer free and confidential support for individuals affected by drug and alcohol problems.
We also offer services to your family and loved ones so that they can receive help and advice on how best to support you during your recovery.
Our specialist team includes substance misuse workers, doctors, nurses and psychologists, as well as peer mentors and volunteers.
How to access our services
This service is available to all residents of Cheshire West and Chester. We have an adult service for those over 18 and also offer support to young people under 18.
You can visit the service in person or contact us by phone.
Any professional such as a housing support worker, social worker, GP or nurse can also make a referral on your behalf.
When you come into the service you will be able to talk to one of our duty workers who will help you decide what support best meets your needs.
Once you have been assessed, our team will work with you to create a recovery care plan.
We will regularly review and adjust your recovery care plan to make sure you receive the right support at the right time.
What we offer
- Information, advice & support
- Self-help & mutual aid groups
- Groupwork programme (including LGBTQ+, women-only & evening groups)
- Service user involvement
- A health & wellbeing service for people who use substances at lower levels
- Outreach & engagement in the community
- Reintegration services
- Family & carers’ support and advice
- Education, training & employment support
- Peer mentoring & volunteering opportunities
- Outpatient community detox
- BBV screening / vaccination
- Needle exchange & harm reduction advice
- Substitute prescribing
- Support for individuals in the criminal justice system
- Access to inpatient detox & residential rehab
- WDP’s Capital Card® (earn points by engaging in treatment & spend points on activities in your local community)
Covid 19 update
Due to the government advice on Covid 19, there will be no groups running at the service.
For late evening appointments, please contact the service to check if we are open.
Our opening hours in Cheshire West and Chester will remain the same.
51 Boughton, CH3 5AF
Tel: 0300 303 4549
4 York Road, CH65 0DB
Tel: 0300 303 4550
The Old Council House,
Church Road, CW9 5PD
Tel: 0300 303 4548
Wednesday 10:00-13:30 and 16:00-16:30
If an appointment is required outside of opening hours to contact the service and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Support is available 24/7 on the telephone numbers above.
Fax: 0333 344 5919
For more information about our support service for Young People, please visit www.wdpyoungpeople.org.uk or get in touch in one of the following ways:
Tel: 0300 303 4549