Due to the coronavirus outbreak and the ‘social distancing’ guidance issued by the government, we have needed to reduce and adapt the usual face-to-face support that we provide so we can keep our service users and staff safe.
We will continue to talk with you and help you even if coming into our service isn’t possible.
To check what support is currently available and if there are any changes to our opening times, please contact us on the details below and we’ll do our best to make sure you still get the help you need.
New Beginnings is a fully integrated service delivered by WDP in conjunction with Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) and B3.
Our Cobbold Road service is open and is registered with CQC under the Willesden Centre for Health service.
We offer a free and confidential support service for individuals and their families affected by drug and alcohol problems.
The specialist team include substance misuse workers, doctors, nurses and psychologists, as well as volunteers and peer mentors.
Together we offer a high quality and professional service that supports individuals and their families who wish to receive advice, assessment and treatment for their drug and/or alcohol problems.
How to access our services
The service is free and open to all Brent residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers. Any professional, such as housing support worker, social worker or nurse, can make the referral on your behalf using our Referral Form.
You can also visit our service in person or contact us by phone. You will be able to talk to one of our duty team who will help you decide which service best meets your needs. Our team will then work with you to create a care plan which will be reviewed regularly.
What we offer
- Information, advice, support, assessment and drop-in
- One-to-one key working
- Needle exchange and harm reduction services
- Substitute prescribing
- Groupwork programme (including abstinence and evening groups)
- Access to inpatient detoxification and residential rehabilitation
- Women-only groups
- Health assessments and BBV screening & vaccination
- Counselling and psychology
- Self-help and mutual aid groups
- Aftercare services
- A health and wellbeing service for people who use substances at lower levels, including alcohol, club drugs, cannabis and cocaine
- Education, training and employment (ETE) support
- Family and carers’ support and advice
- Reducing offending and gang affiliation
- Sexual Health advice
- Integrated Offender Management (IOM)
- Restrictions on Bail (RoB)
- Prison, Probation and Court Link Work
For more information, contact us:
Either of our two service locations:
97 Cobbold Road, London, NW10 9SU
Willesden Centre for Health, Harlesden Road, London NW10 3RY.
T: 0300 303 4611
24/7 helpline: 0800 107 1754
F: 0333 344 4658