Coronavirus information

Due to the coronavirus outbreak and the ‘social distancing’ guidance issued by the government, we have needed to reduce and adapt the usual face-to-face support that we provide so we can keep our service users and staff safe.

We will continue to talk with you and help you even if coming into our service isn’t possible.

To check what support is currently available and if there are any changes to our opening times, please contact us on the details below and we’ll do our best to make sure you still get the help you need.


Camden Specialist Drug Service (CDS North & South) is a recovery-focused service delivered by WDP in partnership with Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust. This service provides support for anyone with complex needs who is experiencing substance misuse issues and lives within the borough of Camden.

How to access our service

Our service is free and open to all Camden residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers. Any professional, such as housing support worker, social worker or nurse, can make the referral on your behalf. You can also visit our service in person or contact us by phone.

You will be able to talk to one of our duty team practitioners who will help you decide which treatment pathway best meets your needs. Our team will then work with you to create a care plan which will be reviewed regularly.

What we offer

Services available here include:

  • Assessment
  • 1:1 Key-working
  • Needle exchange
  • Substitute prescribing
  • Community detox
  • Access to residential detox and rehab
  • BBV and health interventions
  • Groupwork
  • Psychology (including CBT, Mindfulness-based approaches and Art Therapy)
  • Housing and benefit support
  • Families and Carers support
  • Services for women
  • Reintegration activities
  • Mutual Aid (NA and SMART)

For more information contact:

Camden and Islington NHS Trust

The Margarete Centre,

108 Hampstead Road London


T: 020 3317 6000


*Please be advised that this email address should not be used to send confidential information.  Contact your local service to find out how to make a referral