IPS Volunteer Support Assistant
About the role
Our IPS into Work programme supports individuals across eight West London boroughs to gain paid, sustainable work through an evidenced-based model called Individual Placement and Support. We are looking for a Volunteer Support Assistant to support our team with a variety of tasks and activities to enhance the service users experience in the project.
Areas of Involvement / Responsibility
As a IPS Volunteer Support Assistant, your areas of involvement will be varied and diverse. This may include:
- Updating and creating job opportunity booklets for service users, staff and key personnel
- Contacting service users to complete questionnaires and follow up surveys
- Researching job opportunities based on the needs and aspirations of the service users
- Supporting building networks and contacting Employers
- Creating support packs and information for service users’ once they have entered paid work
- Attending focus groups and meetings to support co-production of various initiatives
What skills do I need?
The role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their understanding of substance misuse and employment, developing a variety of skills and translating best practice into operational delivery. We are looking for people with an interest in substance misuse with strong IT, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills to support the team objectives in a remote setting, whist working independently. A positive attitude and the desire to learn are essential, as is a non-judgemental and supportive approach to people who are facing problems with drugs and alcohol.
What WDP can offer you
When you begin volunteering you will be allocated a volunteer supervisor who will act as your main point of contact. They will provide you with ongoing support and supervision and will work closely with you throughout your time at WDP. There is also a central volunteer services team that will support you while you are on placement. In addition, you can expect:
- A full induction to your role and continuous local training
- Access to central staff training opportunities
- Regular supervision
We are looking for someone to support the team for 1-2 days per week – days are flexible. We ask that volunteers try to commit for a 6-month period where possible.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role please read the guidance notes on applying for volunteer roles and complete and return an application form.