Financial Controller, St James's Park, London
Do you want to develop your career in finance with a leading substance misuse charity?
An opportunity has arisen to join WDP’s Finance team as Financial Controller. This diverse and exciting role is responsible for the financial accounting and controls of the WDP group of companies. You will effectively manage two Finance Administrators, forming a strong team to support staff and volunteers on financial matters around WDP.
Proactively seeking to make process and systems improvements, as well as cash flow management will be key aspects of the role, ensuring the financial stability of the organisation as it continues to expand in size.
The ideal person will be a qualified accountant with experience of working in a charity and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise and organise their workload and that of the team. The successful candidate will work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, requiring a personable and accessible approach to communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
Experience of using Open Accounts, eBIS and Selenity or similar systems is desirable.
The role will provide financial support to all WDP staff and volunteers, including the following:
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts of the group and subsidiaries
- Managing the annual audit process
- Reviewing and managing the purchase ledger to ensure efficient creditor payment
- Reviewing and controlling the balance sheet to ensure correct recognition of assets and liabilities
- Being responsible for the maintenance of, training on and improvements required in finance systems
- Ensuring all postings in the finance systems are in line with accounting policies, including capitalisation of assets and deferral of income and costs
- Permanent x 1
- 37.5 hours per week
- Salary band of £47,000 to £52,000 per annum
Our central office at St James’s Park, with travel to other WDP locations being required as part of the role.
Why should you apply?
- A new challenge
- An opportunity to utilise your charity accounting skills in a progressive, growing organisation
- Competitive salary
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Peter Knight, Director of Finance & Resources on 07918 747 289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please read the job description, complete the application form and send to WDP.Recruitment@wdp.org.uk
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23 February 2020 at 00:00 midnight.
WDP and our values
WDP is an innovative behaviour-change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
- In partnership
- Strong belief in service users
- Community focused
WDP is recovery focused organisation. Our staff and volunteers are committed to helping our service users to improve their health and wellbeing, and to become free from dependency.