Outreach Practitioner, Barnet
Would you like a new challenge working with service users with complex needs to engage/re-engage them into substance misuse treatment and away from crime and chaotic lifestyles?
Barnet Recovery Centre is a fully integrated, recovery-focused community substance misuse treatment service run by WDP, in partnership with AIR Sports Network. The service consists of both clinical and psychosocial interventions within the community and access to inpatient/residential treatment. We are CQC registered to provide a range of clinical interventions including BBV and health interventions, substitute prescribing, and community detox. We also have a long-standing family/carers support element to the service and meaningful service user involvement opportunities.
- Conduct street outreach to engage/re-engage individuals misusing substances
- Deliver satellite provisions within local services eg JCP, Hostels, Food Banks, probation etc
- Conduct home visits to those with severe physical health conditions, those who are at risk of or who have disengaged and where concerns of the service user’s welfare exist, and contact cannot be made
- To Work in collaboration with the police, local authority officers and other treatment agencies to minimise the prevalence of street drinking and anti-social behaviour
- To provide screening, assessment, recovery planning and onward referrals
- Deliver brief and extended interventions
- Salary band of £24,627 to £29,000 per annum
- Permanent contract
- 37.5 hours per week
Barnet Recovery Centre operates two service hubs – one in Edgware and one in Finchley – and this role will be based at one of these sites, including travelling throughout the borough to meet the demands of the service and the borough.
Why should you apply?
- A new challenge, being a new role within Barnet
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team within the Borough of Barnet and Barnet Recovery umbrella
- Competitive salary
For an informal chat about the role, contact Patricia Ballard, Criminal Justice Team Leader on 0300 303 2866 (option 2) or Patricia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please read the job description, complete the application form and send to WDP.Recruitment@wdp.org.uk.
The closing date for applications is at Sunday 20 October 00:00 midnight.
WDP and our values
WDP is an innovative behaviour-change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
- In partnership
- Strong belief in service users
- Community focused
WDP is recovery focused organisation. Our staff and volunteers are committed to helping our service users to improve their health and wellbeing, and to become free from dependency.