Recovery Practitioner- Brent
Recovery Practitioner (Alcohol & Non-Opiates)
Would you like to deliver health related interventions to promote and improve the health and well-being of those with substance misuse?
New Beginnings Brent Recovery and Wellbeing service is a WDP led integrated drug and alcohol service, in partnership with CNWL. The service has been supporting residents in Brent since April 2018 and offers a broad range of recovery orientated, high quality services to meet their needs
WDP is committed to the ongoing professional development of all our staff. Through joining WDP, you will receive a warm welcome, peer support, extensive training, regular supervision and the chance to thrive in a lively and aspirational organisation.
The post holder will be a dynamic, driven individual who is committed to supporting the local non-opiate and alcohol substance misuse community and their associated needs by:
- Making every contact count through motivational interviewing, ITEP mapping, harm reduction, relapse prevention, brief advice and intervention
- Promoting recovery in their daily practice in both group and one-to-one settings
- Completing comprehensive assessments, risk assessment, risk management and Recovery Care Plans with service users to ensure personalised and recovery-focused treatment journeys
- Working in partnership with our clinical and aftercare services, primary care services, Criminal Justice agencies, Outreach services, Young Peoples’ services, treatment providers, service users and the local community
- Salary band of £24,627 - £29,000 per annum
- Permanent contract
- 37.5 hours per week
Primarily based at the New Beginnings’ Cobbold Road Hub, however there is an expectation to work across sites should there be a need to.
Why should you apply?
- A new challenge working with those with alcohol misuse
- Specialist role
- Competitive salary
To arrange an informal chat about the role, contact, Nichole Donoher-Phillips, Service Manager on email@example.com
To apply please click on the link: https://wdp.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/vacancy/106/Recovery-Practitioner
The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th of December 2020 at 00:00 midnight.
The interviews will take place the week commencing the 14th of December 2020.
Interviews are likely to take place via Teams, to support social distancing
WDP and Our Values
WDP is an innovative behaviour change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
- In partnership
- Strong belief in service users
- Community focused
All posts are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Check.