Substance Misuse Nurse (x2) - Barnet
Are you looking for the opportunity to move into a dedicated substance misuse nurse role?
Barnet Recovery Centre is an established community integrated service that is well performing and highly functioning.
The service consists of a variety of clinical and non-clinical roles and is CQC-registered to provide a range of clinical interventions including BBV and dual diagnosis and other public health interventions, OST, and community detox. It also has a robust family, carers and service user involvement provision.
This is a vital role within our Barnet service which will be critical to providing safe and effective care to the residents of Barnet.
The role will be required to:
- Have a caseload of service users and proactively engage those not currently engaging with the service
- Agree care plans for service users presenting with drug and alcohol use
- Work with service users to achieve their care plan objectives; this will include supporting and delivering interventions
- Support colleagues by providing training and advice regarding the management of drug and alcohol users and their needs
- Work in partnership with clinical and psychosocial colleagues and external partners
- Hold clinics to assess the needs of service users
- Permanent role
- 37.5 hours per week
- Salary band of £32,650 to £42,710 per annum (including all allowances)*
*Recruitment and Retention Allowance is paid on a pro-rata quarterly basis
Working across the London Borough of Barnet, including two sites in Edgware and Finchley, you will be expected to travel between both sites during the working week, as well as attend organisational meetings at Head Office in central London.
Why should you apply?
- To promote equal access to healthcare across the London Borough of Barnet and increase immunisations for BBVs and care pathways.
- To be the responsible person for BBV and dual diagnosis care in the Barnet service
- To support the ongoing development of one of WDP’s flagship services.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Alex Welsh, Operations Manager on 07918 747 287 or Alexander.Welsh@wdp.org.uk.
To apply, please read the job description, complete the application form and send to WDP.Recruitment@wdp.org.uk.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23 June 2019 at 00:00 midnight.
WDP and our values
WDP is an innovative behaviour-change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
- In partnership
- Strong belief in service users
- Community focused
WDP is recovery focused organisation. Our staff and volunteers are committed to helping our service users to improve their health and wellbeing, and to become free from dependency.