Redbridge Outreach and Research Practitioner
This is an exciting opportunity to join WDP’s Research & Outreach Service in the London Borough of Redbridge. This is a support service for individuals who find themselves living a street lifestyle, and who are afflicted by associated difficulties of this lifestyle. We have a dedicated team of Research & Outreach Practitioners who work alongside other professionals including Police, Mental health services, Substance Misuse services, GP surgeries, and Pharmacies across Redbridge.
As a Volunteer Outreach & Research Practitioner you will support the delivery of a wide range of interventions for service users. These will include:
- Advising service users on drug awareness, overdose prevention, safer injecting, safer sex practices and other harm minimisation advice
- Supporting practitioners in the completion of service-user assessments and follow-up assessments. (Please note you will not be asked to carry out initial assessments)
- Supporting practitioners with a caseload of service users.
- Assisting service users to access wider services, including completing referrals as advised by relevant staff members to onward agencies
- Taking a collaborative and team approach to delivering Outreach services and interventions with the team, to engage and support the rough sleeping and street dwelling community and to reduce barriers to accessing services.
- Contributing to the collection of data and liaising with academic partners for it’s analysis.