Volunteer Receptionist and Data Administrator (Greenwich)
About the service
WDP has a long history of delivering treatment services in London, the South East and East of England. WDP is proud to be responsible for treatment services as well as performance and quality standards in the borough of Greenwich. Working in partnership with other agencies, our substance misuse services enable us to deliver a fully recovery-focused model of treatment that is forward-looking, innovative and committed to the achievement of positive outcomes for all our service users. WDP will be running the drug and alcohol service from the 1st of April 2020. We have a dedicated team of substance misuse practitioners who work alongside other professionals including doctors, nurses, and in the London Borough of Greenwich.
About the role
As a Volunteer Receptionist and Data Administrator you will provide a welcome presence for people coming into the service. Your role will include:
- Covering reception duties, answering the telephones and welcoming service users to the service
- Supporting the collection, collation and inputting of service data as it relates to national requirements
- Managing a local database and working with a national database that records a comprehensive information data set that informs the Public Health England understanding of the services performance and treatment outcomes.
- Undertaking day-to-day administrative tasks such as filing, archiving, photo copying and updating service user records
In addition to the above you will be expected to participate in team meetings where relevant and to carry out other tasks as deemed necessary to support the needs of the service.
What skills do I need?
The role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their experience in a reception and administration role. A positive attitude and the desire to learn are essential, as is a non-judgemental and supportive approach to people who are facing problems with drugs and alcohol. A good working knowledge of standard IT programmes (MS Office, Outlook) and a close eye for detail are also required.
What WDP can offer you?
When you begin volunteering you will be allocated a volunteer supervisor who will act as your main point of contact in your service. They will provide you with ongoing support and supervision and will work closely with you throughout your time at WDP. There is also a central volunteer services team that will support you while you are on placement. In addition, you can expect:
- A full induction to your role and continuous local training
- Access to central staff training opportunities
- Regular supervision
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses and lunch expenses
We are looking for someone to support the team for between 1-2 days a week – days are flexible. We ask that volunteers try to commit for a minimum of a 6-month period where possible.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role please read the guidance notes on applying for volunteer roles and complete and return an application form.