Volunteer Service User Champion (remote working)
About the role
The aim of this role is to encourage Service User Involvement across WDP and support the Service User Lead in developing and supporting the Service User Strategy. The Volunteer Service User Champion role is to support with a variety of tasks related to Service User Involvement within the organisation; ensuring that service users are given the opportunity to give feedback and get involved in decisions around their treatment on a personal, organisational and strategic level.
Areas of Involvement / Responsibility
As a Volunteer Service User Champion, your areas of involvement will be varied and diverse. This may include:
- Attending and taking minutes at steering, focus and committee meetings
- Developing and maintaining a database of Service User Representatives and Leads across services
- Contacting service users to complete questionnaires and follow up surveys
- Creating an events calendar of events for Service Users
- Developing/creating information booklets based on specific projects
- Coordination of training, meetings and other events that are taking place related to this area
What skills do I need?
The role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their understanding of substance misuse and service user involvement, developing a variety of skills and translating best practice into operational delivery. We are looking for people with an interest in substance misuse with strong IT, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills to support the Service User Leads objectives in a remote setting, whist working independently. A positive attitude and the desire to learn are essential, as is a non-judgemental and supportive approach to people who are facing problems with drugs and alcohol.
What WDP can offer you
When you begin volunteering you will be allocated a volunteer supervisor who will act as your main point of contact. They will provide you with ongoing support and supervision and will work closely with you throughout your time at WDP. There is also a central volunteer services team that will support you while you are on placement. In addition, you can expect:
- A full induction to your role and continuous local training
- Access to central staff training opportunities
- Regular supervision
We are looking for someone to support the team for 1-2 days per week – days are flexible. We ask that volunteers try to commit for a 6-month period where possible.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role please read the guidance notes on applying for volunteer roles and complete and return an application form.
Telephone: 0207 421 3121